24 July 2008

Pioneer Salad


I apologize for not posting for so long, I eat the same things so much for lunch that I don't have new meals very often. Here is a little something, I'll call it Pioneer Salad, because, well, the pioneers ate wheat and zucchini and because it's Pioneer Day in Utah! Also, eating raw foods usually signifies that you are a pioneer of sorts, the office "raw foods pioneer". Make this and eat it and not only will you feel pioneer-ish, I think you will enjoy it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 1 cup sprouted wheat
  • 1 cup zucchini
  • olive oil to taste (about 3 Tbsp)
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 to 1 cup sprout mix (Pro-Vita Mix is great)
  • Herbamare to taste
Easy, chop all the veggies up, juice the lemon in there, add oil and Herbamare and sprouts, mix well. This is just the beginning, my garden is bringing forth it's bounty and I will make some good lunches from the proceeds.

1 comment:

thejakob said...

this sounds pretty tasty. you think you can send me some right to my belly?